II ISRAEL WILL ASSUME HER GOD-GIVEN ROLE AT THE HEAD OF THE NATIONS.
For much of her existence, and specially since the nation’s rejection of the Messiah, Israel has been the tail and not the head because of her disobedience. Cp Deut 28:43-48. All that will change in the millennial kingdom.
- God in the midst of Israel. Cp Is 60:1-3, 14, 17, 19, 2:1-4, Ezek 48:35, Zeph 3:14-20. Israel will be the seat of His throne and centre of His rule and worship in the earth.
- A tool in the hand of God. Cp Zech 9:12-17, Jer 51:19-20, Micah 2:12-13, 4:13
- The homage of the earth. Cp v3, 5-7, 9-14, 16, Zech 8:18ff. The days of Solomon were a foreshadowing of this, 1Kings 4:21.
- A time of unprecedented security and wealth. Cp v17-18, 20.
- Enlarged territory. Cp Gen 15:17-21, Ezek 47:18